- UK/International: UK
- Summary: If your household income is less than £42,875 a year, you may be eligible to apply for a means-tested undergraduate scholarship which offers funding and support.
- Value - what money is on offer: Up to £12,000 is available. £3,000 in year one and £3,000 in subsequent years, paid in cash instalments subject to progressing to the next year of study. You will not receive the scholarship for the industrial placement year or study abroad year.
- Who is eligible: Read the full eligibility criteria below.
- Deadline: Midday on 31 May 2024.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship by visiting the means-tested scholarship page and completing the application form once available (usually available in early march).
Due to a change in process these scholarships will now be offered on the same timeframe as the means tested scholarships with an application deadline of midday 31 May 2024.
How are the scholarships awarded?
The School of Computing UK Undergraduate Scholarships are awarded to applicants based on personal circumstances. There are a limited number of scholarships available. This is a competitive process and not all applications will be successful.
The funding you receive
- Up to £12,000 is available. £3,000 in year one and £3,000 in subsequent years, paid in cash instalments, subject to progressing to the next year of study. You will not receive the scholarship for the industrial placement year or study abroad year.
- The scholarships do not have to be paid back and are in addition to the financial support you can receive from the government (such as the tuition fee loan or maintenance loan).
The support you receive
Access to the Plus Programme which provides access to one-to-one support and advice sessions, group workshops, mentoring opportunities and social events.
- Computer Science BSc
- Computer Science MEng, BSc
- Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence) MEng, BSc
- Computer Science (High-Performance Graphics and Games Engineering) MEng, BSc
Eligibility and selection criteria
All of the eligibility and selection criteria are outlined on our means-tested scholarship page.
Number of scholarships available
Year of entry
Internal or external
Internal (funded by the University of Leeds)