Mr Marcus Grönqvist
- Position: Teaching Fellow
- Areas of expertise: value management; value engineering; asset management; business strategy; client-led business and project processes; supply chain management; risk management; sustainability
- Email: M.N.Gronqvist@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0543
- Location: 317 School of Civil Engineering
- Engineering Project Management Programme Leader
2005 – 2006: Improving Asset Management
Office of Government Commerce’s (OGC) research project to investigate improving asset management of the £220 billion central civil government estate.
2004 – 2005: National Asset Management Framework
Development of a national asset management framework for the UK Environment Agency’s £23 billion replacement value asset base and associated £300–400 million/annum capital programme.
1999 - 2002: Retail Client Refurbishment Programmes
EPSRC grants GR/M72548 and GR/M72548 (£260,000), to develop a 'good practice' guide to improve the delivery of 'high street' client retail chain refurbishment programmes.
1995 - 1998: International Benchmarking of Value Management
EPSRC IMI grant GR/K667710 (£270,313 total value). This produced the first published benchmarked manual of the value management process (Thomas Telford - 'Benchmark Manual' ISBN 0-7277-2729-X and supporting publication 'Results of Research' ISBN 0-7277-2730 and CD-ROM).
MSc Research Areas
The following research topics are examples that have been investigated by MSc students under the supervision of Mr Gronqvist:
- Integration of risk and value management on construction projects.
- Utilising value management as a tool for managing stakeholders on large and complex projects.
- Value Management and Sustainability: Ensuring sustainable delivery of projects utilising value management.
- The application of value management on construction projects in China.
- Innovation Management.
- Skills, knowledge and behavior of Project Managers to manage complex engineering projects.
- MSc Information Systems
- MEng Civil Engineering with Architecture
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
In 2018/2019, Mr Gronqvist will be involved in teaching Risk Management, Procurement Management, Value Management and Project & Whole Life Asset Management.