Professor Ian Richardson
- Position: Professor
- Areas of expertise: Cement and concrete science; crystal chemistry; microstructural characterization techniques.
- Email: I.G.Richardson@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2331
- Location: 407 School of Civil Engineering
I have research interests in many areas of cement chemistry. In particular, I have done a lot of work to improve understanding of the main binding phase in most concrete (C-(A-)S-H), and I have ongoing interests concerning the crystal chemistry of calcium silicate hydrates, and various oxides, hydroxides and carbonates.
Research has been funded by the EPSRC, a number of overseas governments (PhD students), Industry, and the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority.
- Materials Science.
I teach at levels 1, 2 and 4.
Research groups and institutes
- Nuclear Leeds
- Materials and Structures
- Cities and Infrastructure
- Energy and Sustainable Buildings