Dr. Deepak Kamde
- Position: UKRI Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Corrosion of steel in concrete; durability of concrete; service life estimation; Cathodic protection of concrete structures; Carbon Dioxide Sequestration in Concrete.
- Email: D.K.Kamde@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 3.24 School of Civil Engineering
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I am currently working as UKRI Research Fellow at the School of Civil Engineering, University of Leeds. Prior to joining UoL, I worked as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
I hold a Ph.D. in Civil Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras with specialisation in electrochemical corrosion of steel in concrete. My Ph.D. thesis (supervised by Prof. Radhakrishna G. Pillai) titled ‘Electrochemical characteristics, bond behaviour, and service life of reinforced concrete systems with coated steel reinforcement and exposed to chlorides’ was funded by the Science and Engineering Research Board, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. My Ph.D. dissertation focused on understanding the electrochemistry and initiation of corrosion in concrete structures with coated steel rebars. Parallel to my Ph.D. work, I was involved in working on various research projects focusing on estimation and extension of the service life of concrete structures.
At present, my research aims to help to build durable and sustainable concrete structures – contributing to the net zero carbon agenda. I have been an active member of NACE International (now AMPP) and the Indian Concrete Institute since 2015, and RILEM since 2017 and have been actively involved in various technical committees.
- Low-carbon, High-performance Concrete Using CO2 Sequestration
- Electrochemical corrosion of embedded steel in concrete
- Estimation and extension of service life of reinforced concrete structures
- Cathodic Protection of concrete structures
<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://eps.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- Ph.D. (Civil Engineering), IIT Madras
- M. Tech. (Structural Engineering), SVNIT Surat
- NACE International (Now, AMPP)
- Indian Concrete Institute