Professor Paul Eke
- Position: Royal Academy of Engineering [RAEng] Visiting Professor
- Areas of expertise: Digital Twin Technology; Water & Wastewater Engineering; Digitalisation; Environmental Engineering; Process Engineering; Engineering Designs; Carbon Capture Usage and Storage (CCUS); Energy Transition
- Email: P.E.Eke@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 2.11 School of Civil Engineering
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate
Prof Paul Eke is a Royal Academy of Engineering (RAEng) Visiting Professor in Digital Twin Technology and Systems Engineering Application in Engineering with over 20 years of experience in the academia and engineering sectors.
Prof Eke is an Executive Director of Peprime Limited, a diverse company engaging in Energy, Environment and Engineering services. He provides technical and commercial leadership; led, trains, supervises and mentors teams of engineers, consultants, managers and researchers to perform projects globally. He works exclusively with professionals, partners, academia, governments and other companies.
He has over two decades of broad experience with solid engineering skills gained from national & multi-national oil and gas as well as energy companies, and as an engineer, consultant, director or manager for various projects. He has delivered services in energy, environment, engineering, civil, water, wastewater, engineering designs, oil & gas, carbon capture and storage, business & technology development, research and project management. His expertise and research interests are in digitalisation, water & wastewater plants and engineering systems, systems engineering, energy transition, process engineering safety, Digital Twin Technology, Artificial Intelligence (AI) engineering application, decarbonisation and the development of technologies for use in enhancing secure smart water, CO2 capture & sequestration (CCS) in geological formations.
Prof Eke is UK Engineering Council Chartered Engineer (CEng), Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv), Certified Management Consultant (CMC), Fellow of The Institute of Management Consultants (FIMC), Fellow of The Society of Environmental Engineers (FSEE), COREN Registered Engineer (Engr), Senior Member of The American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) and The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE). He holds a Bachelor of Engineering (BEng (Hons)) in Chemical Engineering from Enugu State University of Science & Technology, Master of Science (MSc) in Oil and Gas Engineering from Robert Gordon University Aberdeen, and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Civil and Environmental Engineering from the University of Edinburgh. He has authored books and published several technical papers and delivered numerous presentations at national and international seminars, workshops & conferences.
He has designed and operated hybrid constructed wetlands applied for hydrocarbon-contaminated wastewater treatment. As Water Engineer, he has carried out research on Hydrocarbon removal with constructed wetlands. He applied an artificial neural network to support constructed wetlands optimisation and management.
He has also provided practical teaching, day-to-day research supervision and helped students in their own learning processes in the following courses:
• Water and Wastewater Systems 4, to an average of 40 students per class.
• Civil Engineering (Road and Dam design project) classes of 40 to 80 students
• Civil Engineering 1 (Materials and Structure Laboratory) classes of 70 to 110 students
• Advanced Environmental Engineering Project 4.
• Research Projects supervision (of final year BEng, MEng students & Visiting Researchers)
• Mentored and marked student assignments, courses works, and projects.
• Trained and mentored new instructors and demonstrators.
As a Royal Academy of Engineering Visiting Professor, Prof Eke supports and contributes directly to teaching and learning on the university’s engineering programmes. Prof Eke introduces a specialist module (Digital Twin Technology, Systems Engineering and Artificial Intelligence) and use his industry knowledge and skills to enhance engineering students’ employability, their better understanding of how to apply what they learn to real industrial problems, and contribute as professional engineers in industry and business environment. He introduces some innovative project-based or problem-based learning to enhance students’ ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools for real industry-oriented engineering practice. Prof Eke contributes and adds value to the student experience through course development, supervising individual or group work, face-to-face and virtual teaching, mentoring and guidance.
Prof Eke’s research interests are in digitalisation, water & wastewater plants and engineering systems, Digital Twin Technology, Artificial Intelligence (AI) engineering application, systems engineering, energy transition, process engineering safety, decarbonisation and the development of technologies for use in enhancing secure smart water, CO2 capture & sequestration (CCS) in geological formations.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://eps.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering, The University of Edinburgh
- MSc in Oil and Gas Engineering, Robert Gordon University Aberdeen.
- BEng (Hons) in Chemical Engineering, Enugu State University of Science and Technology.
- Fellow of The Society of Environmental Engineers (FSEE)
- Fellow of The Institute of Management Consultants (FIMC)
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) - Engineering Council
- Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv) - The Society for the Environment (SocEnv)
- Certified Management Consultant (CMC) - The International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI)
- Senior Member - American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)