- Position: Research Fellow in Artificial Intelligence (Circular Economy)
- Areas of expertise: Circular Economy, System Dynamics, Machine Learning, Multi-Criteria Decision Making, Optimization, Decision Making Theories
- Email: S.Boral@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 5.03 Civil Engineering
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I did my Ph.D. under the Dual Doctoral Degree Programme between Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India and Curtin University, Australia.
I completed my Master of Engineering (M.E.) in Production Engineering (Major – Production Management) from Jadavpur University, Kolkata (2016) and my Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Mechanical Engineering (2009-2013).
Currently I am working with Prof. Costas Velis and Prof. Leon Black in the Project – “Complex Value Optimization for Resource Recovery” (CVORR). The CVORR methodology will be applied to the Construction and Demolition Waste (C&DW).
I am also associated with the UKRI Interdisciplinary Circular Centre for Mineral-Based Construction Materials. This centre seeks to provide national and global leadership in research to support the transition to a sustainable Circular Economy in the built environment.
My research interest includes the following:
- Circular Economy
- Life Cycle Assessment and Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment
- Operations Management
- Optimization and Decision-Making
- Multi-Criteria Decision Making (MCDM) methods
- Uncertainty Quantification
- Machine Learning Techniques
- Statistical Analysis
<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://eps.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- M.E. in Production Engineering
- Ph.D. under DDDP between IIT Kharagpur, India & Curtin University, Australia
- European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology
- International Society on MCDM
Research groups and institutes
- Materials and Structures