- Email: email@example.com
- Thesis title: Use of Artificial Intelligence in Structural Health Monitoring for Improving the Resilience and Sustainability of Concrete Structures
- Supervisors: Professor Muhammed Basheer, Professor Anthony (Tony) G Cohn, FREng, CEng, CITP
The personification of Harshita’s being synchronises through architecture, construction, management, designing and writing. Harshita is an independent Architect and an enthusiastic Researcher aiming to uplift the conventional course of action for the betterment of society and the construction industry.
After obtaining Bachelor’s in Architecture from India (2013-2018), Harshita pursed M.Sc. (Eng.) in International Construction Management and Engineering from the University of Leeds (2018-2019). In addition, Harshita has had the experience of working on various residential, institutional and high-rise building projects as an Architect in India. She has also worked in Northern Ireland and gained insight into managing and planning multiple project tasks. She is a member of the Council of Architecture (COA), American Concrete Institute (ACI) and the Institute of Concrete Technology (ICT). She is also the chair of the ICT – Student and Young Professionals Network.
Harshita’s research entitled “Use of Artificial Intelligence in Structural Health Monitoring for Improving the Resilience and Sustainability of Concrete Structures” emphasised implementing the concepts of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for analysing Structural Health Monitoring data from concrete structures to ensure the in-service performance of concrete. Further, the research focuses on the life cycle cost analysis of the structures embedded with sensors to forecast cost-effective concrete performance while in-service, develop strategies for maintenance and repairs, and redefine predictive whole-life maintenance management of concrete structures for decision-making.
- M.Sc. (Eng) International Construction Management and Engineering, University of Leeds (Distinction)
- Bachelor of Architecture, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, India (Distinction)
Research groups and institutes
- Materials and Structures
- Cities, Infrastructure and Energy