- Email: email@example.com
- Supervisor: Professor Vasilis Sarhosis
Hello, my name is Dimitrios Loverdos, and I am a post-graduate researcher at the University of Leeds under the supervision of Dr Vasilis Sarhosis (Associate Professor in Structural Engineering). My skills include structural design, numerical analysis (with FEM/DEM), and programming (using MATLAB/Python). My current project involves the assessment of masonry structures using image processing applications. I graduated from the University of Leeds with a master’s degree in Civil and Structural Engineering in 2019 (first) and was awarded the “C.F. Lunoe Trust Prize” for an exceptional final year thesis.
- Numerical analysis specialised in masonry structures and the discrete element method (DEM)
- Computer-vision and image-processing of digital images and point-cloud data
- Deep-learning and semantic-segmentation using CNN
- MEng in Civil and Structural Engineering