Dr Craig A. Evans
- 2018 - present, School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering, University of Leeds, Senior Teaching Fellow.
- 2009 - 2018, School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering, University of Leeds, Teaching Fellow.
- 2007 - 2009, Institute of Microwave & Photonics/Institute of Materials Research, University of Leeds, Research Assistant, Basic Technology project, "Nano- and Micro-scale Integration of Glass-on-Semiconductor for Photonic Components Engineering".
- 2004 - 2007, School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering, University of Leeds, PhD, "The optical and thermal properties of quantum cascade lasers".
- 2000 - 2004, School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering, University of Leeds, MEng, Electronic & Photonic Communications.
- Director of Student Education
- PhD Quantum Electronics, University of Leeds
- MEng Electronic & Photonic Communications, University of Leeds
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
I am currently the Director of Student Education in the School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering.
Teaching Enhancement Project
During 2019, I was on a part-time secondment to the Leeds Institute of Teaching Excellence (LITE), co-leading a Teaching Enhancement Project with Dr Sam Wilson from the School of Computing. We developed an automated assessment and feedback platform that can be used in computer programming and simulation classes.
Teaching and Project Supervision Responsibilities
I teach undergradute modules covering digital electronics, microcontrollers, microprocessors and embedded systems. Additionally I usually supervise both undergradute and taught postgraduate projects.
I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AdvanceHE) and mentor colleagues through the process as part of the University of Leeds PRiSE (Professional Recognition in Student Education) and PGCAP (Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice) schemes. I have presented my work on digital education, blended learning and project-based learning at several conferences including the HEA STEM Conference 2018 and regularly contribute to the annual Leeds Student Education Conference (SEC).
I am a founding member of the Teaching and Learning in Engineering NeTwork (TALENT). This is a cross-Faculty network of staff wishing to share and develop learning and teaching practice in engineering and support career development.
I sit on the Steering Commitee for the Institute of Robotics, Autonomous Systems & Sensing (IRASS) with a responsibility for outreach and run events aimed at encouraging young people into engineering and robotics (e.g. Leeds Festival of Science).
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Robotics, Autonomous Systems and Sensing