Dr Satoshi Sasaki
- Position: Lecturer (Academic)
- Areas of expertise: condensed matter physics; spintronics; topological insulator; topological superconductor; dirac fermion; majorana fermion
- Email: S.Sasaki@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3578
- Location: 8.305 Physics Research Deck
- CM group seminar organiser
Topological Insulators: Realization of quantum spin Hall state; Creation, control, and detection of the spin-momentum locked surface state for spintronics with devices fabricated by lithography.
Topological Superconductors and Andreev bound states consisting of Majorana Fermions: Search for candidate materials with soft point-contact spectroscopy technique; Tunneling spectroscopy with tunnel junction devices, Josephson junction devices and SQUID fabricated by lithography; Specific heat measurements and magnetization measurements.
Helium at ultralow temperatures: Superfluid and quantum solid helium 3 with an adiabatic-demagnetization dilution fridge; Supersolidity of quantum solid helium 4 with an optical dilution fridge; NMR measurements and ultrasound measurements at ultralow temperatures.
<li><a href="//phd.leeds.ac.uk/project/911-exploring-majorana-bound-states">Exploring Majorana Bound States</a></li>
<li><a href="//phd.leeds.ac.uk/project/133-proximity-induced-superconductivity-on-topological-insulator-thin-films">Proximity-induced superconductivity on topological insulator thin films</a></li>