Dr Kevin Critchley
- Position: Associate Professor
- Areas of expertise: nanoscience; quantum dots; nanowires; bionanotechnology; nanoparticles; nanosheets, nanomedicine.
- Email: K.Critchley@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3873
- Website: Research Group | Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | ORCID
As the dimensions of materials are reduced to the nanoscale regime, the properties begin to differ from that of bulk and this often yields surprising results.
My research group focuses on the development of advanced nanomaterials and translating these towards biomedical applications. By understanding the fundamental physics behind the materials we synthesize we strive to make leaps forward in the fields of Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://eps.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
Research groups and institutes
- Molecular and Nanoscale Physics
<li><a href="//phd.leeds.ac.uk/project/1111-precision-&-personalised-approaches-for-treating-cancer">Precision & Personalised Approaches for Treating Cancer</a></li>
<li><a href="//phd.leeds.ac.uk/project/1213-silica-coated-gold-nanorods-for-combined-photothermal-treatment">Silica Coated Gold Nanorods for Combined Photothermal Treatment</a></li>