Dr Almut Beige
- Position: Reader for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information
- Areas of expertise: quantum optics; cavity quantum electrodynamics; quantum information processing; quantum metrology and quantum sensing
- Email: A.Beige@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3899
- Location: 9.72 E C Stoner Building
- Website: https://theory.leeds.ac.uk/dr-almut-beige/ | Googlescholar | Researchgate
- Head of the Theoretical Physics Group
The main focus of my research are quantum optical systems with spontaneous photon emission. Many of the fundamental quantum effects which we studied in the past years have immediate applications in quantum computing, quantum metrology and quantum sensing. Here is a list of some selected papers:
- Locally-acting mirror Hamiltonians,
J. Southall, R. Purdy and A. Beige, submitted. arXiv:1908.07597.
- Quantum jump metrology,
L. A. Clark, A. Stokes and A. Beige, Phys. Rev. A 99, 022102 (2019). arXiv:1811.01004.
- Using thermodynamics to identify quantum subsystems,
A. Stokes, P. Deb and A. Beige, J. Mod. Opt. 64, S7 (2017). arXiv:1602.04037.
- A physically-motivated quantisation of the electromagnetic field,
R. Bennett, T. M. Barlow, and A. Beige, Eur. J. Phys. 37, 014001 (2016). arXiv:1506.03305.
- Extending the validity range of quantum optical master equations,
A. Stokes, A. Kurcz, T. P. Spiller, and A. Beige, Phys. Rev. A 85, 053805 (2012). arXiv:1111.7206.
- Hidden Quantum Markov Models and non-adaptive read-out of many-body quantum states,
A. Monras, A. Beige and K. Wiesner, Appl. Math. and Comp. Sciences 3, 93 (2011). arXiv:1002.2337.
- Sonoluminescence and quantum optical heating,
A. Kurcz, A. Capolupo, and A. Beige, New J. Phys. 11, 053001 (2009). arXiv:0904.0885.
- Repeat-until-success linear optics distributed quantum computing,
Y. L. Lim, A. Beige, and L. C. Kwek, Phys. Rev. Lett. 95, 030505 (2005). quant-ph/0408043.
- Quantum computing using dissipation to remain in a decoherence-free subspace,
A. Beige, D. Braun, B. Tregenna, and P. L. Knight, Phys. Rev. Lett. 85, 1762 (2000). quant-ph/0004043.
- Projection postulate and atomic quantum Zeno effect,
A. Beige and G. C. Hegerfeldt, Phys. Rev. A 53, 53 (1996). quant-ph/9512012.
- Fellow of the IoP