Professor Alexander Strohmaier
- Position: Chair in Analysis
- Areas of expertise: spectral theory; differential operators on manifolds; index theory; fourier integral operators; pseudodifferential operators; quantum chaos.
- Email: A.Strohmaier@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 8884
- Location: 11.10 Maths Building
- Website: Personal home page | Googlescholar | Researchgate
My research is mainly in the analysis of partial differential operators. This includes spectral theory of elliptic partial differential operators on manifolds, scattering theory, parametrix constructions, index theory for elliptic and non-elliptic operators, Fourier- and pseudo-differential operators. I am also interested in applications in physics, in particular quantum physics, number theory, and geometry.
Research groups and institutes
- Pure Mathematics