Professor David Hughes
- Position: Professor
- Areas of expertise: applied mathematics; fluid dynamics; magnetohydrodynamics; astrophysical and geophysical applications; instability theory; dynamo theory; turbulence; numerical modelling.
- Email: D.W.Hughes@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 5105
- Website: Personal home page
I have research interests in various aspects of astrophysical and geophysical fluid dynamics and magnetohydrodynamics.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://eps.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- MA in Mathematics (Oxon)
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Mathematics (Part III Maths) (Cantab)
- PhD in Applied Mathematics (Cantab)
I teach modules in applied mathematics, and supervise undergraduates in various topics in fluid dynamics.
Research groups and institutes
- Applied Mathematics
- Astrophysical and Geophysical Fluid Dynamics