Dr Zhiqiang Zhang
- Position: University Academic Fellow
- Areas of expertise: body sensor network; embedded systems; wearable sensing; statistic signal processing; sensor fusion; bio-mechanics; machine learning; big data; gait analysis; rehabilitation
- Email: Z.Zhang3@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 1.69 School of Electronic & Electrical Eng
- Website: My Personal Site | Googlescholar
Since March 2016, I have been an academic staff at University of Leeds, where I hold a joint position in Body Sensor Network for Healthcare and Robot between School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering and School of Mechanical Engineering. I received my Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2010. Upon completion of my Ph.D. degree, I then moved to Imperial College London working as a research associate for five and half years.
My primary research interests are applying wearable/pervasive sensing technologies into healthcare and wellbeing research, with emphasis on wearable human motion analysis for different patients groups. Meanwhile, I am also interested in exoskeleton rehab robots and prosthetics control using wearable sensors.
For more information, please vist my personal website at: http://www.leeds-zhiqiang.com
Body sensor network,embedded systems, wearable sensing, statistic signal processing, sensor fusion, bio-mechanics, machine learning, big data, gait analysis, rehabiliation
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Design, Robotics and Optimisation
- Institute of Robotics, Autonomous Systems and Sensing
<li><a href="//phd.leeds.ac.uk/project/294-development-of-energy-harvesting-technologies">Development of Energy Harvesting Technologies</a></li>
<li><a href="//phd.leeds.ac.uk/project/295-development-of-soft-muscles">Development of soft muscles</a></li>
<li><a href="//phd.leeds.ac.uk/project/300-human-neuromuscular-biomechanical-modeling">Human neuromuscular biomechanical modeling</a></li>