Dr Zhi-Qiang Zhang
- Position: Associate Professor
- Areas of expertise: Data Analytics; Data Science; Machine Learning; Deep Learning; Wearable Sensing and Robotics; Biomechanics; Musculoskeletal Modelling; Assistive Technology and Rehabilitation
- Email: Z.Zhang3@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 1.69 School of Electronic & Electrical Eng
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar
Since March 2016, I have been an academic staff at University of Leeds with a joint appointment between School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering and School of Mechanical Engineering. I received my Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2010. Upon completion of my Ph.D. degree, I then moved to Imperial College London working as a research associate for five and half years.
I have pioneered research into human motion and kinematics analysis using wearable inertial sensors and has established a proven track record in wearable sensing, deep learning, rehabilitation and musculoskeletal modelling.
Data Analytics; Data Science; Machine Learning; Deep Learning; Wearable Sensing and Robotics; Biomechanics; Musculoskeletal Modelling; Assistive Technology and Rehabilitation<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://eps.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Design, Robotics and Optimisation
- Institute of Robotics, Autonomous Systems and Sensing
- Assistive and rehabilitation robotics