Dr Syed Ali Raza Zaidi
- Position: Associate professor
- Areas of expertise: wireless communication networks; robotics and autonomous systems; embedded systems design; complex systems and spatio-temporal models; stochastic geometry; random graph theory; resource allocation
- Email: S.A.Zaidi@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 1.70 School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate
Syed Ali Raza Zaidi is currently University Academic Fellow in the area of Communication and Networking for IoT, Robotics and Autonomous Systems at University of Leeds. Previously he worked on the US army research lab funded project : `Cognitive Green Wireless Communication- A Network Science Perspective'. He received his B.Eng degree in information and communication system engineering from the School of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, NUST, Pakistan in 2008. He was awarded the NUST's most prestigious Rector's gold medal for his final year project.
From September 2007 till August 2008, he served as a Research Assistant in Wireless Sensor Network Lab on a collaborative research project between NUST, Pakistan and Ajou University, South Korea. In 2008, he was awarded overseas research student (ORS) scholarship along with Tetley Lupton and Excellence Scholarships to pursue his PhD at the School of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, University of Leeds, U.K. He was also awarded with COST IC0902, DAAD and Royal Academy of Engineering grants to promote his research.
He was a visiting research scientist at Qatar Innovations and Mobility Center from October to December 2013. He has served as an invited reviewer for IEEE flagship journals and conferences. Over past few years, Dr. Zaidi has served as TPC Member for IEEE WCNC, IEEE VTC, IEEE His research is focused towards design analysis and implementation of the large scale ad-hoc wireless networks by employing tools from stochastic geometry and random graph theory. He is also an embedded systems and programming enthusiast.
- Associate Technical Editor for IEEE Communication Magazine
- Editor for IEEE Communication Letters
- Member IEEE
- Affiliate Member IEEE Signal Processing Society
- General Secretary IEEE TCNBC
- Member Internet Society
- Member IETF
- Junior Member Isaac Newton Institute
- Eurasip Local Laision for UK
Research groups and institutes
- Energy Leeds
- Computational Science and Engineering
- Institute of Robotics, Autonomous Systems and Sensing