- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: next generation networks; networks for data centres; architecture, design and analysis of high-performance switches and internet routers; software-defined networking.
- Email: L.Mhamdi@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 6919
- Location: 358 School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
Lotfi Mhamdi received the Master of Philosophy (MPhil.) degree in computer science from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) in 2002 and the PhD. degree in computer engineering from Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), The Netherlands, in 2007. He continued his work at TU Delft as post-doctoral researcher, working on high-performance networking tropics within various European Union funded research projects. Since July 2011, he has been a Lecturer with the school of Electronic and Electrical Engineering at the University of Leeds, UK. Dr. Mhamdi is/was a technical program committee member in various conferences, including the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), the IEEE GLOBECOM, the IEEE Workshop on High Performance Switching and Routing (HPSR), and the ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Networks-on-Chip (NoCS). His research work spans the area of high-performance networks including the architecture, design, analysis, scheduling, and management of high-performance switches and Internet routers. He is a member of the IEEE.
- Programme Manager: Digital Communication Networks
- PhD. Technical University of Delft (TU Delft), the Netherlands
- MPhil. The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
- Member of IEEE, IEEE ComSoc, HiPEAC
I teach in the following areas:
- Embedded Systems
- High-Speed Internet Architecture
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Communication and Power Networks