Dr David Cowell
- Position: Teaching & Research Fellow Emb Syst/Ultr
- Areas of expertise: ultrasound; medical imaging; industrial sensing and measurement; embedded systems; instrumentation systems; hardware design; signal processing
- Email: D.M.J.Cowell@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4965
- Location: 362a School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
David Cowell earned his PhD at the University of Leeds in 2008 for research on advanced coding techniques and excitation circuit design for industrial instrumentation and medical imaging. During this time, he performed extensive consultancy in instrumentation, FPGAs, and high-speed digital hardware design. Following work as a research consultant in measurement and instrumentation, he joined the Ultrasound Group in Leeds as a Research Fellow where his research is currently focused on non-invasive industrial ultrasound measurement and also covers advanced miniaturized ultrasound excitation systems with low harmonic distortion for phased array imaging, ultrasound system design, and signal processing.
- PhD Electronic Engineering (Leeds)
- MEng Electronic and Electrical Engineering (Leeds)1
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Microcontroller and FPGA based Embedded Systems teaching and project supervision.
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Robotics, Autonomous Systems and Sensing
<li><a href="//phd.leeds.ac.uk/project/384-developing-light-and-sound-based-technologies-for-lung-cancer-detection-and-treatment">Developing light and sound based technologies for lung cancer detection and treatment</a></li>