Dr Sadegh Azizi
- Position: Lecturer in Smart Energy Systems
- Areas of expertise: Applications of wide-area monitoring, protection and control systems; Power systems protection; Applications of power electronics in power systems
- Email: S.Azizi@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 3.58 School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering
I am a Lecturer in Smart Energy Systems at the University of Leeds and an Associate Editor of the International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems (IJEPES). From June 2016 to January 2019, I was with The University of Manchester as a Postdoctoral Researcher leading their work on the protection Work Package of the EU H2020 MIGRATE project, in collaboration with European Transmission System Operators (TSOs).
I received my BSc, MSc, and PhD degrees all in Electrical Power Engineering from K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Sharif University of Technology, and University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, in 2007, 2010, and 2016 respectively. I have also worked as a senior researcher at Iran University of Science and Technology and Tehran Polytechnic. I was a visiting researcher at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (2014-2015) and have been collaborating with the Distributed Electrical Systems Laboratory at EPFL since then.
Prior to working at Manchester, I was active in industry for several years, holding significant research, management and consulting job responsibilities. My research positions have granted me deep engineering insight and knowledge into dynamics and pressing challenges of the power industry. I have proposed, led and conducted many research projects from inception to delivering professional reports, and also publications in leading journals in collaboration with researchers of different affiliations worldwide.
- BSc, Electrical Power Engineering, K. N. Toosi University of Technology
- MSc, Electrical Power Engineering, Sharif University of Technology
- PhD, Electrical Power Engineering, University of Tehran
- Senior Member of IEEE