Professor Robert W Kelsall
- Position: Professor
- Areas of expertise: Physical electronics & electronic materials: semiconductor devices & manufacturing technologies; optoelectronic integration; electrothermal & electromagnetic analysis.
- Email: R.W.Kelsall@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2068
- Location: 475 School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Website: LinkedIn
I have extensive experience of interdisciplinary research and education, working on the engineering/physics and physics/chemistry interfaces. I was Director of the Centre for Molecular Nanoscience (formerly Centre for Self-Organising Molecular Systems) at the University of Leeds. I established and led one of the UK’s first Masters programmes in nanotechnology, which was delivered jointly by the universities of Leeds and Sheffield for 15 years.
I was Head of the School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering at the University of Leeds for 6 years until 2022, and prior to that I was the School’s Director of Student Education.
During 2023 I have a sabbatical year which I’m focussing on the electric vehicle industry – both automotive and charging sectors. I’m interested in electric powertrains, battery materials and technologies, charging technologies, infrastructure design and grid integration, and sustainable manufacturing & supply chains.
<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://eps.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- C. Phys, F. Inst. P
Research groups and institutes
- Pollard Institute
- Quantum electronics and communications