Dr Timothy Hunter
- Position: Associate Professor (Academic)
- Areas of expertise: Ultrasonics; particle stabilised foams and emulsions; surfactant & polymer sol. structure and adsorption; suspension rheology & settling; flocculation & stability control; ion exchange for effluents.
- Email: T.N.Hunter@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2790
- Location: 2.46 Engineering Building
- Website: My Other Personal Site | Googlescholar | Researchgate
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, The University of Newcastle, Australia. Title: ‘Influence of Nanoparticle & Surfactant Interactions on Foam Stability’ (awarded 2009).
- BSc(Chemistry)/BE(Chemical Engineering) Hon. Class 1, The University of Newcastle, Australia (awarded 2005)
2014 - Present, School of Chemical & Process Engineering, University of Leeds, UK. Lecturer/Associate Professor.
2008 - 2014, School of Chemical & Process Engineering, University of Leeds, UK. Research Fellow.
My general research interest is in multiphase suspension and slurry processing, froth flotation, process intensification of particle processes, ion exchange for heavy metal and dye removal for water and effluent treatments, structure-property relationships of multiphase products, as well as interfacial colloidal and soft matter systems.
I have current projects on acoustic and other novel in situ/online characterisation techniques; production of responsive latex particles and emulsion template colloidasomes; structure-property relationships of complex liquid based chemical products; sediment erosion, dispersion and settling; bubble network formation in cohesive sediments; process intensificaiton of ion-exchange systems for removal of heavy metals and dyes from liquid effluents.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
Lectures modules on water treatment, nuclear engineering, high value chemical manufacture and scale-up.
Research groups and institutes
- Energy Leeds
- Institute of Process Research and Development
- Nuclear Leeds
- Nuclear Engineering
- Colloid, Polymer and Crystallisation