Dr Timothy Hunter
- Position: Lecturer (Academic)
- Areas of expertise: Ultrasonics; particle stabilised foams and emulsions; surfactant & polymer sol. structure and adsorption; suspension rheology & settling; flocculation & stability control; ion-exchange for effluents.
- Email: T.N.Hunter@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2790
- Location: 2.46 Engineering Building
- Website: My Other Personal Site | Googlescholar | Researchgate
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, The University of Newcastle, Australia. Title: ‘Influence of Nanoparticle & Surfactant Interactions on Foam Stability’ (awarded 2009).
- BSc(Chemistry)/BE(Chemical Engineering) Hon. Class 1, The University of Newcastle, Australia (awarded 2005)
2014 - Present, School of Chemical & Process Engineering, University of Leeds, UK. Lecturer.
2008 - 2014, School of Chemical & Process Engineering, University of Leeds, UK. Research Fellow.
My general research interest is in multiphase suspension and slurry processing, froth flotation, process intensification of particle processes, ion-exchange for heavy metal and dye removal for water and effluent treatments, structure-property relationships of multiphase products, as well as interfacial colloidal and soft matter systems.
I have current projects on acoustic and other novel in situ/online characterisation techniques; production of responsive latex particles and emulsion template colloidasomes; structure-property relationships of complex liquid based chemical products; sediment erosion, dispersion and settling; bubble network formation in cohesive sediments; process intensificaiton of ion-exchange systems for removal of heavy metals and dyes from liquid effluents.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
Lectures modules on chemical thermodynamics, water treatment, nuclear engineering, high value chemical manufacture and scale-up.
Research groups and institutes
- Complex Systems and Processes
- Energy Leeds
- Institute of Process Research and Development
- Nuclear Leeds
- Functional Materials