Robotic liquid handling and screening
- Overview: Plate based screening methods enable high throughput assays to be performed. These assays are accelerated where the robotic liquid handler can be used for plate preparation.
- Contact name: Dr Stuart Warriner
- Phone: +44 (0)113 343 6437
- Email: email@example.com
Robotic liquid handling and screening - automation of biological assays is supported through robotic liquid handling and plate reader systems.
- Hamilton Star Liquid Handler - an 8 and 96 channel robotic liquid handler dispensing volumes between 1ul and 1 ml into a range of different plate formats (eg 96 and 384 well plates). On deck barcode reading, cooling and shaking are all possible. The system is very flexible and is run by a dedicated technician.
- Perkin Elmer Envision plate reader - a high sensitivity plate reader with large range of filters. Capable of fluorescence intensity, fluorescence polarisation, FRET and TR-FRET measurements along with luminescence, and absorption and alpha screen measurements in both top and bottom read modes. In situ injectors allow for rapid kinetic measurements.
Who can use the facility?
We are committed to sharing our facilities and associated expertise with external academic and industrial collaborators. To make an enquiry please email Dr Stuart Warriner, e: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Chemistry, G61