- Overview: A high level of expertise in a number of colour science analytical techniques.
- Contact name: Algy Kazlauciunas
- Phone: +44 (0)113 343 2939
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scanning Electron Microscopy / Energy Dispersive X-Ray Spectrometry (SEM/EDS), Thermal Analysis (DSC & TGA), Particle Size Analysis (Laser Diffraction & Dynamic Light Scattering), Gas Chromatography / Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS), UV-VIS, UV-VIS-NIR, FT-IR, Capillary Electrophoresis (CE), Rheometer.
Wide-ranging for both liquid and solid materials.
Example case studies:
- Degradation study of flame retardant inkjet ink formulations (Nazdar Ltd)
- Study of surface coating adhesion failure (Huf North America Automotive Parts Manufacturing Co.)
- Investigation into contamination issues associated with assembly of control units (IMI Precision Engineering)
- Investigation into printed board flaking issues (Multi Packaging Solutions – Limerick)
Who can use the facility?
The unit is primarily set up as an analytical service but if a particular project has extensive instrument input then training may be given.
School of Chemistry, rooms 2.09, 2.08b and G.13a