Dr David Santos-Carballal
My research involves the application of ab-initio quantum chemistry methods (density functional theory) and classical techniques (interatomic potentials) to model the properties of functional materials. My work covers the solid state and surface chemistry of transition metal oxide and sulfide spinel systems as well as iron (hydr)oxides.
- Energy materials for spintronic applications
- Site disordered solids
- Surface science and heterogeneous catalysts
- 2011 – 2015: PhD in Computational Chemistry, University College London, UK.
- 2010 – 2011: MRes in Molecular Modelling and Materials Science (Distinction), University College L
- 2002 – 2007: BSc in Chemistry (Distinction), University of Havana, Cuba
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry (MRSC)