Dr David Peacock
- Position: Teaching Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Aviation; aeroplane systems; aeroplane performance; aeroplane stability & control; aerodynamics; aeroplane design; aviation and climate change. Degradation of elastomers
- Email: D.C.Peacock@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: G12 Energy Building
After graduating with an MEng in Aerospace Engineering from The University of Liverpool (1999) I worked for BHR Group’s Sealing Technology Department as a project engineer. While working on a range of sealing and modelling projects I concurrently obtained a PhD in elastomer seals from Cranfield University (2003).
From 2008 to 2016 I was a lecturer in China where I taught materials engineering to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
I started teaching on the Aviation programme at The University of Leeds in 2017 as a Teaching Fellow. I lead on a number of modules and also contribute to many others.
In 2022 I became Head of the Aviation Programme.
- Head of Aviation Programme
- Module Leader
- MEng Aerospace Engineering, University of Liverpool
- PhD, Elastomer Materials, Cranfield University
- Member of the Royal Aeronautical Society
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
As Head of the Aviation Programme and one of its primary lecturers I am involved in all aspects of the programme including:
- Oversight of the programme
- Accreditation of the programme by IOM3.
- Creating new modules.
- Updating existing modules.
- Supervision of projects.
- Designing the tutorial programme.
- As a personal tutor.
- Developing links with industry
- Organising external speakers.
I am committed to creating a high quality educational experience for our students through developing:
- an interconnected programme that progressively develops the students’ knowledge and skills.
- interactive modules with authentic content and assessments linked to the real world.
- a supportive community.
- my own expertise as a fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) and a member of our faculty Teaching and Learning in Engineering NeTwork (TALENT).