- Position: Aviation Teaching Fellow (Part-Time)
- Areas of expertise: Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) theory; human error; flight training; crew resource management; mentorship; aviation; operational procedures; dangerous goods carriage by air.
- Email: C.M.Morrison@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 2.16 Energy Building
Ciarán Morrison holds a BSc (Hons) in Aviation Technology with Pilot Studies (2019) and is a qualified Commercial Pilot under the UK Civil Aviation Authority and Irish Aviation Authority (2020). Ciarán is responsible for the operation of the University flight simulators and supervising the simulator/flight training based research projects in level two and level three of the Aviation degree programme. He also mentors undergraduates that seek to train as commercial pilots in the future.
Ciarán holds operational experience within the aviation industry and is currently a First Officer at a UK Specialist Airborne Operator. Ciarán also has an interest in the transportation of Dangerous Goods by Air. He holds a particular interest in flight training and making it accessible to all whom aspire to become commercial pilots in the future.
He is an Associate Member of the Royal Aeronautical Society and works part-time at the University of Leeds according to his flying roster.
- Aviation Teaching Fellow
- CRM/Human Factors Lecturer
- Flight Training Mentorship
- BSc (Hons)
- UK CAA fATPL
- EASA IAA fATPL
- Associate Member of the Royal Aeronautical Society RAeS
Ciarán supervises undergraduate research projects in level two and three of the Aviation Technology with Pilot Studies and Management degree programme.
Ciarán teaches the Crew Resource Management/Human Factors component of the AVIA3010 Aviation Safety & Reliability third year module.