Dr Xiaoan Mao
- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: experimental fluid mechanics; heat exchangers; thermal fluids; photocatalysis; nano-materials; continuous flow reaction; thermoacoustic energy technologies
- Email: X.Mao@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4807
- Location: 411 Chemical and Process Engineering Building
- Website: Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
Dr Xiaoan Mao has current research activities in a number of areas loosely related to thermal sciences and materials for energy use as shown below.
He is a member of Energy Institute and a Chartered Engineer.
Open position for PhD applicants. Email to enquire.
- the fundamental heat and mass transfer in oscillatory flows and their applications for the development of thermoacoustic systems for waste heat recovery, power generation, heat pump and cooling
- separation of gaseous mixture under oscillatory flow condition
- process enhancement in continous flow reaction
- nano-materials for photocatalytic hydrogen production and water treatment
Research groups and institutes
- Energy Leeds
- Sustainable Low Carbon Futures
- Computational Science and Engineering