Dr Andrew Scott
- Position: Senior Lecturer
- Email: A.J.Scott@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2573
- Location: 132 Engineering Building
Dr Andrew Scott (AJS) has extensive experience of a wide range of theoretical (ab-initio materials modelling, crystallography) and experimental (advanced electron microscopy, XRD) techniques, acquired in both academia (Leeds, Newcastle, Brunel) and industry (BP Research).
A key focus of his research is the application of electronic structure methods to understand and predict materials properties.
Current research areas: Functional materials, nuclear graphite, electron energy loss spectroscopy, crystallisation
Research methods: density functional theory, electron microscopy, light microscopy
- FIMMM The Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining
- MInstP, Member of the Institute of Physics
- FRMS, Fellow of the Royal Microscopical Society
Teaching: crystallography, materials characterisation, chemistry
Research groups and institutes
- Functional Materials