Dr Eric Danso-Boateng
- Position: Teaching Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Waste-to-energy processes; biomass conversion technologies; wastewater treatment; waste treatment and utilisation; water quality analysis; hydrothermal dewatering.
- Email: E.Danso-Boateng@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7125
- Location: 1.31 Engineering
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
Dr Eric Danso-Boateng completed his PhD in Chemical Engineering and MSc in Batch Process Engineering from Loughborough University, UK in 2015 and 2006, respectively. He also obtained HND in Chemical Engineering from Kumasi Technical University, Ghana in 1999, and holds Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) in Education from the University of Leeds, UK in 2020. Dr Danso-Boateng is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK (FHEA), an Associate Member of Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) and a Member of American Chemical Society, USA (ACS).
Dr Danso-Boateng is currently a Teaching Fellow and Admissions Tutor in the School of Chemical and Process Engineering of the Faculty of Engineering, University of Leeds, UK. He previously worked as a University Teacher in the Department of Chemical Engineering, Loughborough University, UK, and as a Senior Lecturer and then a Lecturer in the Department of Chemical Engineering, Kumasi Technical University, Ghana. He has worked as a Technical Consultant for WasteRes in Sheffiled, UK and as an Operations Manager for OWACH Process Solutions, Ghana.
- Teaching Lab Manager
- Admissions Tutor
- Hydrothermal carbonisation (HTC) of biomass for renewable solid fuel production and integration with anaerobic digestion in order to produce biogas from liquid by-product.
- Hydrothermal dewatering for improved filtration of sludges and waste slurries: effect of hydrothermal conditions on cake and membrane resistance, and solid concentration.
- Production of carbons materials as low-cost adsorbents for water and wastewater treatment: removal of inorganic and organic contaminants from drinking water and industrial wastewater.
- Water quality analysis in terms of water quality index, heavy metal pollution and evaluation indices.
<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://eps.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD Chemical Engineering
- MSc Batch Process Engineering
- HND Chemical Engineering
- PGCert Education
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy, UK
- Associate Member, Institution of Chemical Engineers
- Member, American Chemical Society
- Management of BEng and MSc teaching labs/practicals
- BEng design project consultant
- MEng and MSc project supervision
- PhD project supervision