- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: Inhibiting Mercury Emission from Power Plants using Engineered Biomass
- Supervisor: Professor Jenny Jones, Professor Caroline Peacock
Flora’s fundamental research interest is the interplay between the contaminant metal mercury in both an environmental and engineered context, to push boundaries of mercury speciation analysis in complex matrices, and prevent pollution.
Her PhD project explores the mechanistics of sorption and redox processes between mercury and manganese-doped biochars, to facilitate controlled oxidation of gaseous mercury emissions from solid fuel combustion. Advanced synchrotron X-ray absorption spectroscopy (EXAFS/XANES) is used as the main characterisation technique.
- BSc. University of Vienna, Austria
- MSc. University of Vienna, Austria