Dr Abdellatif Abdelgaied
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Design; Mechanics; Tribology; Materials; Total Joint Replacements; Tissue Scaffolds; Computational Simulation; Experimental Simulation.
- Email: A.Abdelgaied@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9089
- Location: X301 Medical & Biological Engineering
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar
Dr Abdellatif Abdelgaied is a Chartered Mechanical Engineer (CEng MIMechE) working in the mechanical and biomedical engineering sector. Dr Abdelgaied holds a PhD in Biomedical Engineering, PG Cert in Professional Innovation Management, MSc and BSc in Mechanical Engineering. His areas of interest are design, tribology, experimental simulation and computational modelling of soft tissues, biological scaffolds, medical implants and medical grade materials. Dr Abdelgaied has been working in collaboration with industry to develop more clinically relevant pre-clinical experimental and computational test methods, with the aim to advance engineering solutions to the arthritis problem and enhance the performance and durability of different medical devices.
Design, mechanics, tribology, materials, experimental and computational simulations of medical implants, biomaterials, and tissue scaffolds.
To find out more about the Insitute of Medical & Biological Engineering's research visit imbe.leeds.ac.uk
- PG Cert in Professional Innovation Management
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering
- MSc in Mechanical Design Engineering
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer - Institution of Mechanical Engineers (CEng MIMechE)
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS)
- International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering