Dr Aiqin Liu
Dr. Aiqin Liu graduated from Southwest Jiaotong University China receiving her Master’s degree in Biomaterials. She came to UK to study a PhD in artificial joint replacements in University of Leeds in 2008. Her project was “Determination of the biological response to and cellular uptake mechanisms of nanometre-sized UHMWPE wear particles from total hip replacements”. After successfully obtained her PhD degree in 2012, she started to work as a research fellow in the area of biomechanical and tribological simulation of natural knee. In 2015, she received a Postgraduate Certificate with distinction in Innovation Management from University of Leeds Business School, which established her knowledge in management of the commercialisation of medical device from pre-clinical research.
Dr Aiqin Liu was awarded a Proof of Market funding through Grow MedTech to investigate the commercialisation of a knee rehabilitation device. Following this, she gained the prestigious Wellcome Trust Institutional Strategic Support Fund (ISSF) Early Stage Researcher Fellowship to investigate the biomechanics of knee rehabilitation.
Dr Aiqin Liu is a chartered engineer (CEng) and a member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
- Biomechanical and tribological simulation of natural knee joints and artificial joint replacement
- Preclinical testing of cartilage substitution therapies and meniscal repair interventions for early degenerative disease in the knee
- Biomaterials and tissue engineering
- Biomechanics of knee rehabilitation
- Musculoskeletal device
To find out more about the Insitute of Medical & Biological Engineering's research visit https://www.imbe.leeds.ac.uk/
- BEng, MEng, PhD in Medical Engineering
- Postgraduate Certificate in Innovation Management
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Orthopaedic Research Society
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering