Dr Robert J. Cooper
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: biomechanics; finite element analysis; computational modelling
- Email: R.J.Cooper@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9210
- Location: X301 Medical & Biological Engineering
I am a Research Fellow in the Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering. I previously completed my PhD in the same institute, with a thesis entitled “Geometric Parameterisation in Finite Element Models of Femoroacetabular Impingement”. Prior to this I obtained a Master’s degree in Mathematics from the University of Sheffield.
My current research focuses on the development of methods and scripts to automate and optimise the generation of specimen-specific finite element models of the natural knee joint. Once validated, such models provide a means to rapidly test multiple loading scenarios in order to better understand the mechanical environment of the knee.
To find out more about the Institute of Medical & Biological Engineering's research visit imbe.leeds.ac.uk.
- PhD Computational Biomechanics
- MMath Mathematics (1st Class hons)
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering