Your degree from the University of Leeds and the wider experience you’ll gain while you’re studying here will help you develop the knowledge and skills for an exciting career in the engineering industry.
University of Leeds students are among the top 5 most targeted by top employers according to The Graduate Market 2022, High Fliers Research.
We are keen to recruit Leeds students, because they are well motivated, have an in-depth knowledge of current trends in their respective field and represent the right behaviours and skill sets Network Rail is looking for.
93% of graduates from the School of Mechanical Engineering are in graduate-level employment such as professional or managerial work within 15 months of graduating, Graduate Outcomes 2017/18.
Data is from 45 UK-based graduates (49% response rate)
Recent graduates from the School of Mechanical Engineering have secured positions including:
- Professional Engineer, Airbus
- Engineering Project Manager, Amazon Inc
- Chassis Engineer, Aston Martin
- Senior Flight Test Engineer, BAE Systems
- Design Analysis Engineer, Bentley Motors
- Commercial Pilot, British Airways
- Senior Energy Engineer, British Army
- Subsea Design Engineer, Cameron International
- Head of Shared Services, Canal & River Trust
- Product Design Engineer, Caterpillar UK Ltd
- Offshore Wind Research Engineer, EDF Energy R&D UK Centre
- Development Engineer, Ford Motor Company
- Technology Consultant, IBM
- Manufacturing Engineer, Jaguar Land Rover
- Graduate Engineer, McLaren F1.
- Technical Manager, Michelin Tyre PLC
- Engineer, Ministry of Defence
- Higher research scientist, National Physical Laboratory
- Graduate Engineer, National Rail
- Clinical Engineer, NHS
- Intellectual Property Manager, NHS Innovations London
- Production Controller, Nissan
- Pilot, RAF
- Vice President, Rolls Royce Ltd
- Marine Engineer Officer, Royal Navy
Read our alumni profiles to find out more about where our students are working.