Your degree from the University of Leeds and the wider experience you’ll gain while you’re studying here will help you develop the knowledge and skills for an exciting career in the engineering industry.
93% of graduates from the School of Mechanical Engineering are in graduate-level employment such as professional or managerial work within 15 months of graduating, Graduate Outcomes 2017/18.
Data is from 45 UK-based graduates (49% response rate)
The latest High Fliers report, The Graduate Market in 2020, has ranked Leeds in the top 10 most targeted universities in the UK by graduate recruiters.
Recent graduates from the School of Mechanical Engineering have secured positions including:
- Chassis Engineer, Aston Martin
- Mechanical Engineer, BAE Systems
- Design Analysis Engineer, Bentley Motors
- Graduate Engineer, British Airways
- Subsea Design Engineer, Cameron International
- Technology Consultant, IBM
- Graduate Engineer, Jaguar Land Rover
- Higher research scientist, National Physical Laboratory
- Graduate Engineer, National Rail
- Graduate Engineer, McLaren F1.
Read our alumni profiles to find out more about where our students are working.