Professor Tom Ward
- Position: Professor of Mathematics
- Areas of expertise: ergodic theory; entropy; number theory; diophantine approximation; recurrence relations; zeta functions.
- Email: T.B.Ward@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 5000
- Location: 13.01 Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building
- Website: Past and present book projects | Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
My research area is ergodic theory and dynamical systems, with a particular emphasis on dynamical systems of algebraic origin and interactions with number theory. A particular interest is how relatively simple questions in dynamical systems can involve subtle problems in number theory.
- London Mathematical Society
- American Mathematical Society
- European Mathematical Society
- Fellow of the IMA
- Principal Fellow of the HEA
Research groups and institutes
- Pure Mathematics