Professor Nicola Gambino
I joined the University of Leeds in 2013. Prior to that, I held postdoctoral fellowships at DPMMS (University of Cambridge), LACIM (Université du Québec à Montréal) and the Centre de Recerca Matemàtica (Barcelona) and lectureships at the University of Leicester and the University of Palermo.
- Director of Research and Innovation
- Category theory: 2-dimensional category theory, polynomial functors, operads and homotopical algebra.
- Mathematical logic: categorical logic, type theory (especially Homotopy Type Theory and Univalent Foundations) and constructive set theory.
- Laurea in Mathematics, University of Padua, 1999
- PhD in Computer Science, University of Manchester, 2002
- London Mathematical Society
- Association for Symbolic Logic
- British Logic Colloquium
I teach modules in Pure Mathematics, sometimes with a computational aspect, and supervise projects at Level 3 and 5 in mathematical logic, category theory, theoretical computer science.
Research groups and institutes
- Pure Mathematics