Amirah Saeed Alharthi
I completed my undergraduate degree in Mathematics at Taif University, Saudi Arabia, then worked as a banker for a few years, I then obtained a MSc in statistics from the department of Mathematics, Taif University in 2013, while working full time as a mathematics teacher.
In January 2016, I started my PhD at the University of Leeds in the Statistics department of the School of Mathematics, under the primary supervision of Prof Charles C Taylor and co-supervision of Dr. Jochen Voss. My primary research focus is on Statistical Learning, specializing on random forests and classification decision trees.
Apart from research, I have participated in the statistics postgraduate seminar; completed a few statistical courses; attended and presented several conferences, workshops and talks, as listed below:
- COMPSTAT 2018: The 23rd International Conference on Computational Statistics. August 28-31, 2018. The Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi. Iasi, Romania. (talk)
- ECDA 2018: European Conference on Data Analysis. July 4-6, 2018. Paderborn University, Paderborn. Germany. (talk)
Emotion Analysis in Natural Language. December 8, 2017. School of Computing, University of Leeds, Leeds. UK.
ECDA 2017: European Conference on Data Analysis. September 27-29, 2017. The Wroclaw University of Economics, Wroclaw. Poland. (talk)
RSS2017: RSS 2017 International Conference. September 4-7, 2017. University of Strathclyde, Glasgow. UK. (poster)
RSC2017: 40th Research Students’ Conference in Probability and Statistics. April 18-21, 2017. Department of mathematical Sciences, University of Durham, Durham. UK. (talk)
Women in Mathematics Day. March 30, 2017. University of London, London. UK.
RSC2016: 39th Research Students’ Conference in Probability and Statistics. June 14-17, 2016. Department of mathematics, University College Dublin, Dublin. Ireland.
Academic Leadership Forum. May 14, 2016. University of Manchester, Manchester. UK
The Big Data Analytics conference. May 11, 2016. Department of statistics, University of Leeds, Leeds. UK.
The 9th Saudi Student Conference. February 13 -14, 2016. University of Birmingham, Birmingham. UK.
- Alharthi, Amirah and Taylor, Charles C. and Voss, Jochen. Forests of Stumps. Archives of Data Science, Series A. Vol 5(1). 2018.
Saieed F. Ateya ; Amirah S. Alharthi. Estimation under a finite mixture of modified Weibull distributions based on censored data via EM algorithm with application, Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp.196-204, September 2014.
Saieed F. Ateya ; Amirah S. Alharthi. Maximum Likelihood Estimation under a Finite Mixture of Modified Weibull Distributions Based on Censored Data with Application., Journal of Applied Statistical Science, Vol 20, No. 3, pp. 33-41, 2013.
- Assistant professor at The Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Taif University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Lecturer at The Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Taif University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Mathematics teacher for primary and high schools, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Banker in different positions, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
My Linkedin profile
My personal e-mail
- Statistical learning
- Statistical computing
- PhD degree in Statistics, University of Leeds, UK
- Masters degree in Statistics, Taif University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Undergraduate degree in mathematics, Taif University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia