Data Science MSc Scholarship
- UK/International: UK
- Summary: Data Science MSc scholarships for underrepresented groups
- Value - what money is on offer: Each scholarship is worth £10k which can be put towards course costs or living costs incurred while studying.
- Deadline: Monday 12th June 2023
How to apply
Click here to find out more and apply.
Office for Students (OfS) Artificial intelligence (AI) and data science postgraduate conversion course scholarship funding.
Coordinated by the Leeds Institute for Data Analytics, the University of Leeds has been awarded OfS scholarships in partnership with industry, for admission to three of our Data Science related MSc programmes in September 2023.
Please see the individual programme pages below for further information on programme content:
Data Science and Analytics
Precision Medicine: Genomic Data Science
Urban Data Science and Analytics
Each scholarship is worth £10k which can be put towards course costs or living costs incurred while studying.
The scholarship aims to increase the diversity of students studying AI and data science postgraduate conversion courses. To be eligible for an award, students must be from at least one of the following underrepresented groups, with priority being given to the first four groups:
- black students
- students registered disabled
- students from low socioeconomic background (Index of Multiple Disadvantage quintiles 1 and 2, low household income)
- care experienced students
- estranged students
- Gypsy, Roma and Traveller students
- children from military families, veterans and partners of military personnel.
The scholarships further aim to increase the supply of digitally skilled workers with priority given to applicants who did not study a closely related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) undergraduate degree subject (such as Medical or Biological Sciences). However, please note that STEM graduates from the above 9 groups are also eligible and welcome to apply for an OfS award.
To be eligible for scholarship funding students must meet the nationality or residency status criteria to qualify for the postgraduate masters’ loan. You can apply for the Postgraduate Master’s Loan if all of the following are true:
- you’re a UK national or Irish citizen or have settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme or indefinite leave to remain so there are no restrictions on how long you can stay
- you normally live in England
- you’ve been living in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years in a row before the first day of the first academic year of your course (apart from temporary absences such as holidays)
Click here for further details of residency eligibility criteria.
Year of entry
Internal or external
External (funded from outside the University)