Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degrees
Mechanical Engineering at the University of Leeds
The School of Mechanical Engineering is renowned for its teaching and research with an established reputation across the entire spectrum of mechanical, automotive, medical and aeronautical and aerospace engineering.
- We’re Top 5 in the UK for Mechanical Engineering | The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020
- All our courses are accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Our Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering course is additionally accredited by the Royal Aeronautical Society
- We’re second in the UK for the quality of our research according to the latest Research Excellence Framework
- We have 95% overall student satisfaction for mechanical engineering in the latest National Student Survey 2019
This course will enable you to design, analyse, manufacture and operate aircraft and aerospace vehicles, to equip you for an exciting career in industry.More on Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering MEng, BEng
Your degree from the University of Leeds and the wider experience you’ll gain while you’re studying here will prepare you for a highly rewarding career. We ensure our courses are up-to-date with the modern practices and techniques that will enable you to succeed in industry upon graduation.
Recent graduates have secured positions including:
- Chassis Engineer, Aston Martin
- Mechanical Engineer, BAE Systems
- Design Analysis Engineer, Bentley Motors
- Graduate Engineer, British Airways
- Subsea Design Engineer, Cameron International
- Graduate Engineer, Jaguar Land Rover
- Higher research scientist, National Physical Laboratory
- Graduate Engineer, National Rail
- Electrification Engineer, TATA Steel
- Graduate Engineer, McLaren F1
Read our alumni profiles to find out more about where our students are working.