Astbury Conversation 2020
- Date: Monday 23 March 2020
- Location: University of Leeds
- Cost: £79.00
Whether you are a researcher, or you are simply interested in learning more about the hidden world of macromolecules, the Astbury Conversation will give you an insight into life in molecular detail.
• An academic symposium to include prestigious talks, selected presentations and poster sessions
• Nobel Prize winner Professor Richard Henderson, CH, FRS, FMedSci, HonFRSC will give the plenary public lecture Zooming in on the molecules of life.
• Public engagement event, showcasing some of the University’s research, followed by a wine reception.
The Conversation takes place over two days at the University of Leeds every two years, with the next event taking place on 23 and 24 March 2020.
We are once again delighted to be welcoming a Nobel Prize winner as our keynote speaker. Richard Henderson, CH, FRS, FMedSci, HonFRSC became a Nobel Laureate in 2017, joining our past speakers:
2018 “G protein coupled receptors: challenges for drug discovery” by Professor Brian Kobilka (Nobel Prize 2012), Stanford University
2016 “Picture this: How modelling molecules builds our understanding of life” by Professor Michael Levitt FRS (Nobel Prize 2013), also of Stanford University
Abstract submission for The Astbury Conversation 2020 will open in August 2019.
The £79.00 registration fee for the Astbury Conversation 2020 includes attendance at all conference sessions, refreshments, lunches and the social events. Please note accommodation is not included in this rate but can be booked as part of the registration process.