- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: wireless communications; wireless hardware; microwave and millimetre-wave engineering; medical electronics; robotics applications; embedded electronics
- Email: V.O.Doychinov@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1446
- Location: 2.71 School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Website: LinkedIn | Researchgate | White Rose
My background is in high-frequency engineering, and covers the full spectrum from design, modelling and simulation; through fabrication and assembly; to test and measurement. I have worked on research projects that involve cleanroom fabrication of sub-millimetre-wave waveguide components and circuits, design of circuits and components for wireless power transfer, and research and development of novel fabrication processes for implantable electronics. I manage a microwave and millimetre-wave measurement lab, and have practical experience with a variety of test equipment and techniques, from 10s of MHz to 100s of GHz.
My research interests are broadly in the field of wireless communications and hardware, and their applications in complex and resource-constrained environments, such as infrastructure robotics and inside the human body. In addition, I am keen to explore novel fabrication methods, including commercially-available and research-grade 3D printing techniques, and their performance and relevance to high-frequency electronics.
Particular application areas that I look into are implantable antennas and transmitters, analogue electronics and wireless communications for medical devices, high-speed wireless communications for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), and use of millimetre-wave radar for autonomous UAV flight.
I especially enjoy collaborations with interdisciplinary teams, and am always happy to have conversations with researchers from Leeds and elsewhere.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://eps.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University of Leeds
- MSc Spacecraft Technology and Satellite Communications, University College London
- BEng Telecommunications, Technical University of Sofia
- Higher Education Academy, Associate Fellow
- IET, Member
Research groups and institutes
- Pollard Institute
- Institute of Robotics, Autonomous Systems and Sensing