- Position: Teaching Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Embedded system design (hardware and software); sensor development and interfacing; Mechatronic design
- Email: R.M.Berry@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 2.74
I have 45 years experience in industry designing embedded systems, both hardware and software, and have experience in digital, analogue, serial communicationms, audio, sensors and many other fields. I have designed complete systems for the Meteorological Office, British Telecommunications, the brewery indusrtry and power metering companies. I have been a consultant to MicroChip in the United States associated with the design of three phase power monitoring integrated circuits.I am also a fully trained cabinet maker and have designed complete interactive exhibits for Eureka, The National Children's Museum.
My passions are creative solutions, creative and interactive education and snowboarding.
- Course development
- Project supervision
- MSc Embedded Systems Engineering
- BSc(hons) Electronics and Computer Science
- Advanced Cabinet Making from the Leeds Colled of Art
- Running and supporting multiple lab session
- Running tutorials
- Student supervision for level 3 and MSc students
- Assessor for multiple courses
- Program development