Dr Manish Chauhan
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Robotics (Micro-Nano robotics; Soft Robotics); Multi-body dynamics (Kinematics, dynamics); Design engineering (Compliant mechanisms, origami); Quantum physics (Spectroscopy, Solid state physics).
- Email: M.Chauhan@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 1.56 School of Electronics and Electrical Engineering,
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate
Manish Chauhan completed his Ph.D. at the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (Genoa, Italy) in Bioengineering Robotics from 2014-2017 before joining UOL. He completed his Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (2003-2007) and later completed Master’s in Design of Mechanical Equipment from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (2008-2010). His active research interest is in the area of biomedical engineering, practical implementation of design theory, kinematic and dynamic study of robotic mechanisms, soft robotics, compliant mechanisms, origami, etc. He is currently a post-doctoral researcher (2017-till date) at the School of Electronics and Electrical Engineering where he is part of NIHR funded GHRG-ST (GHRG-ST). His most recent work has been in developing medical devices for gas-less laparoscopic surgery. In this regard, an ultra-low-cost laparoscopic skill training equipment has been used to train rural surgeon in India (North East region) [A collaboration for keyhole surgery in NE India, UK-Calcutta Medical College tie up for subsidized lap surgery in NE]. He is also involved in developing a gastric screening device for detecting early signs of gastric cancer.
Some of his recent achievement is, (I) Secured a personal license in performing animal experiments; (II) Secured Marie Curie Fellowship in February 2019, thus clearly demonstrating independence in research. (III) Involved in mentoring and supporting master's students (7 to date) through their MSc project work, as well as providing academic support to PhD students (1 to date), (IV) Awarded with Padamshri Manmohan Suri Award for best hardware project (Motion Simulator) in Mechanical Engineering Department at the IIT-Delhi (2010).
Robotics (Micro-Nano robotics; Soft Robotics); Multi-body dynamics (Kinematics, dynamics); Design engineering (Compliant mechanisms, origami); Quantum physics (Spectroscopy, Solid state physics).
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering, Sapthagiri College of Engineering
- M.Tech, Design of Mechanical Equipment, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Ph.D, Bioengineering Robotics, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Genova (Italy)