Abdullah Shaikh Mohammad Qamar
- Course: Engineering, Technology and Business Management MSc
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/abdullah-qamar-6b1588b8/
What course are you studying?
I am studying Master of Science (Eng) in Engineering, Technology and Business Management from the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Why did you decide to study a masters at the University of Leeds?
With a Telecommunications Engineering background, I wanted to pursue a Masters program in Business Management. The program that I am studying offered a great mix of modules from the two disciplines which sparked my interest. Apart from this, the University of Leeds is part of the prestigious Russel Group and the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of University of Leeds features in the top rankings among the Universities in the UK.
What has been the best aspect of studying on your course and at the University so far and why?
The best aspect of studying on this course is the chance to study, interact and learn from academic experts in disciplines of both Business Management and Engineering. I have acquired the knowledge and skills to manage emerging technologies from a business perspective.
Tell us about some of the exciting projects you have completed.
- I have worked on a project to design a new product using the concept of re-distributed manufacturing with application of tools from operations management.
- Completed a study to address the innovation challenge pertaining to fully autonomous vehicles becoming a reality in the near future.
- Completed essays and dissertations on emerging technologies like 5G, Green optical communications networks, Internet of Things (IoT) and Cloud Computing.
What does Leeds as a city have to offer students?
Leeds offers a safe, friendly and lively experience for students with excellent facilities. There are a whole lot of exciting activities to get involved in and there is a presence of diverse community of students from all around the world who don't let you feel alone away from home.
What are your ambitions for the future?
My ambition is to become a successful Entrepreneur and use my resources to contribute towards addressing the challenges of economic growth, social welfare and environmental sustainability in my country.
What experiences at Leeds do you think will help you in your future career?
International experience, working with different cultures, importance of innovation and knowledge of managing emerging technologies from business perspective.
What would you say to students coming to do the same course?
I would like to congratulate the students, advise them to stay determined about the exciting and challenging journey that lies ahead and wish them all the best for their future endeavors.