Dr Richard Kavanagh
His current work is in the Leeds Institue of Data Analytics (LIDA), working on the QuantiCode project.
His previous work has been on energy efficiency in distributed systems working on the Tango and ASCETiC research projects with Karim Djemame.
- Member of the British Computer Society (MBCS)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
In 2018/19 Richard performed guest lecturing for the the following module:
- COMP5111M - Big Data Systems.
Richard's previous experience has included:
- In 2017/18 performing guest lecturing for the the modules: COMP3211 - Distributed Systems and COMP5111M - Big Data Systems.
- In 2016/17 marking for the January exams in the Module COMP2931 Software Engineering.
- In 2015/16 supervising two MSc students in the module COMP5200M MSc Project and guest lecturing, tutorials and coursework for Networks and Scalable Architecture. He also visisted Tecnologico de Monterrey - Querétaro as part of their Academic Leaders program.
- In 2014/15 supervising 2 MSc students in the module COMP5200M MSc Project.
- Information Systems and Databases
- Networks and Scalable Architectures
- Computer Systems
Research groups and institutes
- Distributed Systems and Services