The Yorkshire Computing Network brings together computing and IT professionals in Yorkshire to exchange knowledge, share ideas and build better links between the University of Leeds, industry and public sector organisations.
With your help, we will build this network across a wide range of sectors in which computer science and information technology are prominent, including Entertainment, Finance, Government, Health, Marketing, Defence, Telecommunications, Transport, Retail, Utilities, Consultancy/Software Development, Data Analytics, and embedded systems.
We currently collaborate with organisations from a wide range of sectors. Examples include:
- Utilities companies (Artificial Intelligence research)
- The Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (Applied Computing in Biology, Medicine and Health)
- Tracsis (Algorithms and Complexity)
- Google, Rolls Royce, and Jaguar Land Rover (Distributed Systems and Services)
- Microsoft, and Proctor and Gamble (Computational Science and Engineering)
- GalgoMedical (Centre for Computational Imaging and Simulation Technologies in Biomedicine).
The Yorkshire Computing Network is part of the School of Computing's Industry Engagement Plan, and was created in conjunction with the University's Digital Technologies Sector Hub.
To keep up to date with what's happening and find out about upcoming events, please join the Yorkshire Computing Network group on LinkedIn.