Dr Sangaralingam Ahilan
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Hydrology, River hydraulics, Sustainable Flood Risk Management, Statistical modelling, Flood and Sediment transport modelling
- Email: S.Ahilan@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2325
- Location: 425 School of Civil Engineering
June 2013 - :Post-doctoral Research Fellow, School of Civil Engineering, University of Leeds.
May 2012 - May 2013: Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Dooge Center for Water Resources Research, University College Dublin, Ireland.
March 2011 - April 2012: Post-doctoral Research Assistant, University College Dublin, Ireland.
Oct 2004 - Oct 2005: Research Engineer, Lanka Hydraulic Institute, Sri Lanka.
Dr Sangaralingam Ahilan has research interests in statistical and numerical modelling in water engineering applications, specialised in areas relating to stochastic hydrology and river hydraulics. Ahilan is currently working on EPSRC Flood Risk Projects focusing on inundation prediction, river sedimentation and morphology modelling and investigation of economic impact of flood damage in urban areas. This will enable a development of efficient strategies for urban flood risk management in UK cities.
- Ph.D. Hydrology and Hydraulics, University College Dublin, Ireland
- M.Appl.Sc Engineering Hydrology, National University of Ireland, Galway
- B.Sc. Eng Civil Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
Water Engineering (CIVE3401)<h4>Postgraduate research opportunities</h4> <p>We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our <a href="https://phd.leeds.ac.uk">research opportunities</a> allow you to search for projects and scholarships.</p>