Dr Ioannis Fragkopoulos
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: process development & simulation; modelling; pharmaceutical engineering; heterogeneous catalysis; fuel cells; industrial biotechnology
- Email: I.Fragkopoulos@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9965
- Location: 1.45 Chemical Engineering
- Website: My Other Personal Site | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate
Ioannis graduated with a 1st class honours 5-year degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Patras (Greece) in 2009 and he received a prestigious award as an Early Career Chemical Engineer of the Year from the Technical Chamber of Greece (TCG-TEE). He then joined the University of Manchester and the Centre for Process Integration as an EPSRC-funded Doctoral Research Scientist, and developed complex macroscopic and multi-scale models to analyse the performance of heterogeneously catalysed systems. Ioannis obtained a PhD in Chemical Engineering in 2014 and following this, he has awarded a prestigious EPSRC Doctoral Prize Fellowship where he was involved in several research projects in the fields of heterogeneous catalysis, fuel cells and industrial biotechnology.
Ioannis started as a Research Fellow in the School of Chemical and Process Engineering at the University of Leeds within the ADDoPT project in July 2016. His current research interest focuses on the development and simulation of pharmaceutical isolation processes towards the analysis of product quality and performance of pharmaceutical materials.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, University of Manchester
- Chemical Engineering, University of Patras
- Institution of Chemical Engineers
- Advanced Reaction Engineering (CAPE5330)
- Technical Skills and Applications (CAPE1000)
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Process Research and Development