- UK/International: International
- Summary: This scholarship is for any internationally rated applicant who has been offered a place on any of the undergraduate degree courses within the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences.
- Value - what money is on offer: Up to £6,000
- Who is eligible: Any international applicant who has been offered a place on any of the undergraduate degree courses within the Schools of Chemical and Process Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computing, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering and Physics and Astronomy and achieves at least one grade above the published grade (or equivalent qualification, based on the criteria used by the School for offer purposes)
- Deadline: No deadline - automatic
How to apply
No application necessary. You will automatically be considered for this scholarship.
How are the scholarships awarded?This is an automatic scholarship awarded on condition of you achieving one grade above the grade published (or equivalent qualification, based on the criteria used by the School for offer purposes) on the course page for the course that you hold an offer for. Visit courses.leeds.ac.uk for further information. The scholarship will take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
- You will receive £3,000 in year one if you achieve at least one grade above the published grade (or equivalent qualification, based on the criteria used by the School for offer purposes) and you will receive £1,000 in subsequent years if you achieve a yearly attainment percentage of 60% or above with all modules passed at the first attempt. The scholarship will be withheld in a year if you fail to achieve 60% but will be reinstated the following year if your performance recovers to 60% or over.
- You must be self-funding, new to the University of Leeds, enter onto Level 1 and be classified as international for tuition fee purposes.
- You must not be in receipt of any other University of Leeds award.
- You will not receive the scholarship for the industrial placement year or study abroad year.
- If you are, a self-funding student who has successfully completed the International Foundation Year (IFY) at the University of Leeds you’ll also be eligible for this scholarship.
Year of entry